Please email your resumes in PDF format to email@example.com and ensure the subject title states the position you are applying for.
• R&D Scientist (Hayward, CA)
• Senior Manufacturing Associate/Manufacturing Associate Needed (Hayward, CA)
• Research/Senior Research Associate (Hayward, CA)
• Regional Sales Representative (Northeast, Central, West)
• Technical Service Manager (Hayward, CA)
R&D Scientist (Hayward, CA)
Novodiax is a California corporation located in Hayward, CA, focusing on development of tissue based diagnostics. Novodiax has successfully developed a proprietary "Direct IHC" technology and has further identified two unique applications, each targeting an unmet medical or diagnostic need, each creating a potentially huge market. Novodiax is growing and our R&D Department is currently in expanding and looking for an R&D Scientist.
Novodiax is an In-Vitro Diagnostics company and plans to expand the business. We are seeking a self-motivated, energetic, detail-oriented PhD level Scientist with expertise in immunology, molecular biology to join a fast-paced working environment. He or she will work closely with discovery scientists to investigate exploratory biomarkers based on target pathway biology and preclinical models, and translate findings into clinical assays.
The primary focus of this position will be to understand target biology, explore new technologies, and develop and optimize immune assays for use with biological samples (serum, tissue, PBMC). The individual will also be responsible to develop antibodies against tumor biomarkers, including mouse monoclonal antibody, rabbit polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies. The individual will also work with other scientists to generate recombinant antibodies in mammalian cell and yeast systems.
NOVODIAX provides the Equal Employment Opportunity for any applicants/potential candidate to apply for this job position, and also encourage the Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled personnel to apply for this job position.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Immunology or molecular biology with a minimum of 2 – 3 years’ relevant experience. Experience in working with human biological samples is preferred.
- Must have hands-on experience in tissue culture and standard immune assays as well as molecular biology techniques including ELISA, Western blot, electrophoresis, etc.
- Experience in development of recombinant monoclonal antibodies is preferred.
- Experience in gene expression in yeast system is a plus.
- Working effectively in cross-functional team, the ability to multi-task on different projects, and efficient time management skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to keep documentation and regularly summarize data to present results to team members.
Senior Manufacturing Associate/Manufacturing Associate (Hayward, CA)
Senior Manufacturing Associate/Manufacturing Associate Needed
Novodiax is a California corporation located in Hayward, CA, focusing on development of tissue based diagnostics. Novodiax has successfully developed a proprietary "Direct IHC" technology and has further identified two unique applications, each targeting an unmet medical or diagnostic need, each creating a potentially huge market. Novodiax is growing and our Manufacturing Department is currently in expansion and looking for Senior Manufacturing Associates.
We have an opportunity for a talented and highly motivated Senior Manufacturing Associate/Manufacturing Associate to join our manufacturing team. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for daily manufacturing work in compliance with cGMP and ISO 13485 practices. The work will include reagent formulation, antibody purification and conjugation, reagent aliquoting, labeling and packaging, quality control testing using immunohistochemistry (IHC), ELISA, gel filtration chromatography.
Who you are:
In hiring new employees, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture. Because we know that employees are critical to our success in bringing novel diagnostics to patients, we are dedicated to remaining a great place to work and to providing employees with programs, services and benefits that allow them to bring the best to the business and to their personal lives.
- B.S. in biology or related discipline, with five (for Senior Manufacturing Associate) or two (Manufacturing Associate) more years of working experience in in vitro diagnostic product manufacturing is required.
- Expertise in histology/pathology techniques such as tissue fixation, embedding, sectioning, IHC staining is preferred.
- Must be motivated, thoughtful and capable of working both independently and in a collaborative team setting. Strong problem solving, organizational and communication skills are also required.
Novodiax is a California corporation located in Hayward, CA, focusing on development and advancement of tissue based diagnostics and immunoassays. Novodiax has successfully developed a proprietary "Direct IHC" technology and has further identified two unique applications, each targeting an unmet medical or diagnostic need, each creating a potentially huge market. Novodiax is growing and our R&D Department is currently expanding and looking for a Research/Senior Research Associate.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research/Senior Research Associate with strong hands-on experience in antibody discovery and characterization using hybridoma technology. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of antibody discovery and optimization including maintaining hybridoma culture, screening culture supernatants, subcloning, scaling up of hybridoma cell lines, antibody purification and characterization. The candidate will function as a member of multidisciplinary project teams. The candidate will present results and recommendations at project team meetings. It is essential for the individual to work with other group members as a team.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Oncology, Cell Biology or related field plus at least 2+ years of academic or industry experience.
· Hands-on experience in antibody discovery including immunization, hybridoma generation, and antibody purification.
· Experience in antibody characterization such as binding assays including ELISA and IHC.
· Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, solve problems and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are required to efficiently communicate objectives and results to the project team.
Experience with antibody discovery programs using mice, and/or rabbits immunized with peptides or recombinant proteins.
Experience screening antibodies (crude and purified) to characterize binding and functional activity.
Familiarity with mammalian, insect and bacterial protein expression systems.
Experience with a range of antigen approaches including DNA and cell based antigens.
Expression and purification of antibodies and/or antibody fragments.
Direct experience in antibody screening using IHC, ELISA, and Western blotting.
Molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR and general cloning techniques.
Regional Sales Representative (Northeast, Central, West)
Novodiax is an in vitro diagnostic company located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our mission is to develop innovative tissue-based immunoassays. Novodiax’s product line consists of rapid immunohistochemistry and immunocytochemistry on fresh/frozen tissues with a less than 10-minute turnaround time.
We are looking for three results-driven Regional Sales Representatives to lead our domestic sales growth in the Northeast, West, and Central United States. The successful candidates will have knowledge either selling tissue based diagnostic assays, or experience in a IHC lab with a strong desire to enter sales. You will focus on selling our products to hospitals and MOHS clinics.
Who you are:
* Bachelor’s degree in Science (or equivalent)
* 1-5 years of sales experience (Life Science or Healthcare industry preferred, or laboratory experience)
* Ability to work independently to drive growth in your accounts as well as collaboratively with peers, pathologists and laboratory personnel.
* Ability to develop and deliver technical presentations and training sessions.
* Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time or live within assigned territory.
Technical Service Manager (Hayward, CA)
This role is responsible for understanding the company and customer technical needs; developing, defining and implementing short and long term Technical Service strategies to achieve company and customer needs. The ideal candidate will have related experience in medical or clinical technical service.
- Develop Technical Service strategies to help the organization achieve strategic goals and objectives
- Define and implement short and long-term tactical operations plans that align with the strategic direction
- Support, define, and implement objectives for Technical Service reporting and customer training
- As the company grows, responsible for managing the selection and development of people, resources, and budgets necessary to perform the functions of the department
- Create, edit, and implement company policies pertaining to the department
- Review and sign off on all deviation as applicable per the approval/notification requirement
- Create product technical updates for products if required
- Manage return authorizations and return authorization process
- Determine if investigations should be initiated by utilizing the failure description received from the customer at the time of product failure
- Make technical suggestions regarding modifications to documentation, product performance, and failure analysis
- Manage training and support for selected distributors
- Sit on project teams to setup transition from concept to in the field
- Oversee the maintenance of computer database
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years related experience in Medical or Clinical Technical Service and/or training. Clinical experience with medical devices/kits desired
- Ability to communicate effectively across all operational levels of the organization as well as with suppliers and customers, exercising appropriate tact and diplomacy to accomplish objectives
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to present recommendations and ideas and to summarize issues
- As department grows - ability to build, coach, and motivate a high performance technical service team while holding the team accountable for results
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and have strong team building skills
- Self-Starter; Organized; Problem-Solving; Detail-Oriented; Administrative
- Integrity & Ethics; Customer-Focused; Positive Attitude; Results-Driven; Action-Oriented; Flexible & Adaptable
- Related experience in the medical device industry
- Highly desired: knowledge of IHC
- Familiarity with FDA Medical Device Reporting Regulations